There is currently 1 job opening :
(** Please click the link here to see the original posting by the University of Luxembourg, or continue reading below. )
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in a collaboration between the Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication (FSTC)
and the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biology (LCSB)
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in the field of materials science and biotechnology (M/F)
- S-STR-4002-00-B, ECLECTIC
- 14 months fixed-term contract, renewable up to 4 years maximum,
- Full-time (40h/week)
- Student and employee status (36 months studies programme)
- Write a thesis in the domain of chemistry or physics, with a strong side interest in biology
- Contribute to interdisciplinary research intersecting materials physics and chemistry and biology and biotechnology
- Participate in the research project described above
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in physics, chemistry or materials science
- Experience in quantitative research methods and practical work in chemistry and physics labs
- Knowledge of materials physics and chemistry, including optics, mechanical properties and polymer chemistry and physics
- Openness to interdisciplinary research and an interest in biology/biotechnology.
- Commitment and capacity for team work and critical thinking;
- Personal work space at the University.
- Dynamic and multicultural environment.
- You will be part of an exciting interdisciplinary thrust linking cutting-edge biology and materials physics research activities.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (if available)
- Copies of diplomas
Please send your application online by 04/03/2018
For further information please contact:
Prof. Jan Lagerwall, here (or email him: email@example.com),
or Prof. Jens Christian Schwamborn, firstname.lastname@example.org