- INTERACT : An ERC Consolidator Grant-funded project dealing with wearable technology, soft robotics, and dynamic pattern generation, based on liquid crystal-functionalized electrospun fibers, liquid crystal elastomer actuators, and cholesteric liquid crystal shells, respectively.
- LIMEFLOW. Mr. Larry Honaker joined us to work on this Ph.D. project, having obtained an AFR grant from the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (FNR). He explored the behavior of liquid metal alloys as they are co-flowing in microfluidic set-ups together with various other fluids.
- MISONANCE. A joint project between Jan and Prof. Tanja Schilling, also at the PhyMS of UL, funded by the CORE scheme of the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (FNR), focusing on the balance between liquid crystal formation and jamming into glassy states of suspensions of cellulose nanocrystals, and the potential to dry such suspensions into solid films with photonic crystal properties.
- UNIQUE. A University of Luxembourg-funded project dealing with the application of liquid crystal-generated patterns for secure authentication. Collaboration with Dr. Gabriele Lenzini and Prof. Peter Ryan at the APSIA group of the Luxembourg Interdisciplinary Center for Security and Trust (SnT).
- ULISCO. In this project, Ms. JungHyun Noh studieD thin shells of thermotropic liquid crystals and the development of topological defects as a function of phase transitions. It was funded by an AFR Ph.D. grant from the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (FNR), awarded to JungHyun.